Saturday, May 8, 2010

Facebook Rant, Again.

In one of my last posts, I ranted a bit about how Facebook is in my opinion, going in the wrong direction. Mark Zuckerberg recently gave a conference about the site's new policies, etc. And here is a link of an article by Ryan Singel who goes into more detail about how he believes Facebook is going "rogue."

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/05/facebook-rogue/

I just wanted to post this link for anyone who shares my sentiment and is getting more and more disgruntled with Facebook lately. It touches on a few things I mentioned: making everything of our interests, etc. into "Like" groups, which Singel discusses how they can never not be made public, how Facebook now is only starting to realize that "there's money and power in being the place where people define themselves." All this and much, much more.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. It does seem that social media sites have a limited lifespan. I have to wonder what life after Facebook will look like?

    ReplyDelete