Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Twitter

I just recently created a Twitter account for this class, and I have to say that I love Twitter. I always thought that Twitter was too public - writing where you are at, what you are doing - publicly announcing it to the world I thought was a bit too much. But being able to put private settings and being able to see quotes or just talk to your friends through twitter is interesting. I say interesting because we can easily call, text, email, or chat but twitter is a whole new world. Also the advertising is different - reaching to each person on a direct level but also a public level since everyone can view the tweets. Twitter really does bring interpersonal and mass communication as one.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you got something out of the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To maximize the potential on Twitter, I think it is important to find a balance between the people we follow so as not to get overwhelmed by useless information or people we have limited interest in.

    ReplyDelete