Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Remembering the Election

Chapter 12 really reminded me of the 2008 elections. Levinson discusses Obama's use of the internet and it just reminds me my experiences during the election. Facebook groups, email lists, advertisements, and Youtube videos all featured Obama or things related to his campaigns. The Youtube debate, personally I think was a great idea. One of the many benefits of the internet is user-created content, and what better example or use than to have people be able to submit video questions for use in debates? Granted the questions were all selected by those involved in organizing the questions, it was nice to see people get involved directly.
I also remember joining Facebook groups related to the campaigns and receiving information about rallies or press releases. Obama used the internet so well that there is no doubt in my mind it helped him run a successful campaign. I am sure we will all see similar execution of internet plans as more and more elections and campaigns happen in our lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. No doubt, the use of new media in politics will expand in the years to come.

    ReplyDelete